Thursday, October 23, 2014

Resources for Artist's Statements

Artist's Statements can be painful and difficult to write, believe me I have written my fair share and I still do not love doing it. As much as we hate writing them they are necessary and useful not only can they help you focus the direction of the work you are making, they can also help you understand what you are making. I have collected a few links that give good advice on how to go about this task; use them.
Remember that what makes sense in your head might not be as clear on paper! Have a few people read over it and give you feedback.


You can learn just as much from bad artist's statements so here are a few examples:

The Good, the Bad and the Horrible

Bad Artist's Statements

Finally here you can find some ideas about what to avoid in your statements.

Good luck and do not panic you can do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment